In todays time being fit and healthy is an important part of life and YOGA is one of the best way to stay physically ,mentally fit .the word YOGA comes from the Sanskrit yoot -yuj that mean yoke or to unite . GOD LORD SHIVA KNOWN AS FATHER OF YOGA. yoga was being practice in the pre vedic period great sage Maharshi Patanjali he arrange the law and rules and then practice the yoga and after lord shiva. Maharshi Patanjali soon known as father of yoga in modern time on other hand MIRRA ALFASSA is known as mother of yoga.
IMPORTANT DATE FOR YOGA LOVERS
21 JUNE 2015 is declared as international yoga day and every year its celebrated by huge amount people in Indian and its also influenced people of outer country. Our prime Minister mr.NARENDRA MODI proposed the idea of yoga day in year 2014.and the date 21 june is specially decided for yoga day because it is the longest day of the year in the norther hemisphere hance its become a important day for yoga lovers as well as many people take participate in yoga events and campains.
BENEFITS OF DOING YOGA
Yoga improves strength, and stamina, tones muscles, builds immunity and teaches one how
to live a Yogic life and helps to give relief from many types of illness here are some basic benefits of doing yoga given below.∇
- increased flexibility.
- increased muscle strength and tone.
- improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- weight reduction.
- cardio and circulatory health.
- improved athletic performance.
- protection from injury.
EASY AND BASIC ASSANS TO DO FOR BEGINNERS
- Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend)
- Veerabhadrasana (Warrior pose )
- Marjiarasana (Cat pose)
- Shishuasana (Child pose)
- Ardha Chakrasana (Bending backward)
- Hastapadasana (Forward bend)
- Utkatasana (Chair pose)
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic sleep)
Some amazing facts about yoga
Do you know?
- Yoga can work on every muscle in our body.
- It helps in boosts immune system.
- Yoga twice a week help to decrease depression.
- Those who suffering from anxiety and having stressed problems yoga helps to decrease problems.
- It helps to build confidence and relief the mind and body with bad powers.
THE ORIGIN OF YOGA AND ITS HISTORY.
Yoga comes from northern india over 5000 years go dating back 2700 BC , In indus-saraswati valley civilization fossils have been found with people doing YOGA sadhana and the word yoga was first mentioned in ancient sacred texts called rig veda
THE BIRTHPLACE OF YOGA?
RISHIKESH –The birthplace of yoga, attracts spiritual seekers who comes to meditate do yoga and learn about other aspects of Hinduism. The whole town is considered sacred and it believed that meditation there leads to salvation. they train there body and mind to self observe and become aware of their own nature.